Is TikTok good for Businesses?
TikTok has quickly become one of the most popular social media platforms in the world, but is it worth using for your business?
Since its launch in 2016, TikTok now has over 1 billion users, and the brand estimates the same 1 billion users being active per month.
The exposure opportunities are endless on TikTok. In 2022, the number of shoppers online is estimated to have doubled than it was in 2018 or 2019.
This is due to people changing with the pandemic and now, being online is a must for every business to function and grow. This is exactly why TikTok is a great place to get people to know about your business.
No matter what your business is whether it’s a restaurant, a clothing brand or even a website selling groceries or pans, it is important to have some sort of online presence so potential customers can engage with your business and help you grow and get sales.
But why TikTok?
- An easy way to build communities – TikTok is easy to use, and it’s short, 30-60 second video sharing style is preferred by most of the people because it’s really time efficient, allowing one to consume a lot more content while being on a time crunch.
- Perfect place for user-generated content – People nowadays value authenticity over anything else. They are aware of the marketing tactics and thus won’t fall for age-old concepts. TikTok is the biggest source of user-generated content and makes anything you’d advertise be more effective.
- Advertisements that don’t look like advertisements – Everyone skips through advertisements now. Whether it’s an ad on Spotify or a sponsored segment in a YouTube video, turns out you too might have skipped it. This makes it harder for businesses to reach potential customers. However, on TikTok, businesses are finding new and creative ways to make advertisements that look like a normal TikTok video, but make sure that they deliver the business’ message effectively.
- Extreme exposure – With an estimated 1 billion users monthly across the globe, availability in 155 countries, 1 million videos being viewed everyday and 90% of TikTok users accessing the app multiple times a day, TikTok is a pool of endless exposure opportunities that no other social media platform can even come close to offering.
How does TikTok work for Business?
There are a ton of different ways that you, as a business, can use TikTok to your advantage.
First and foremost, are TikTok ads. TikTok has a brilliant ad manager with detailed targeting options that are easy to use and really effective, making it cost effective and a first choice for a lot of brands.
TikTok allows for different ad placements.
Top View Ads
Top view ads are video ads that appear once per day when a user launches the app and appear as the first video in the For You page. The ads can last up to 60 seconds. These are especially great for products that require longer periods of attention.
In-Feed ads appear on a user’s For You page. This is the page where users land when they first open the app. The For You page features content that TikTok’s algorithm believes will interest users based on their browsing activity. To learn more about TikTok algorithm and SEO, click here.
In-Feed ads appear like normal TikToks and have a length of 5-15 seconds. Sometimes, In-Feed ads are almost indistinguishable from a normal TikTok.
TikTok has a ton of AR effects that users can play with. TikTok also allows brands to create branded effects of their products or designs that TikTokers can use while creating videos, essentially advertising the brand’s product and increasing the brand awareness. This is mostly done for Movie trailers where AR effects allow users to turn into a movie character.
Brand Takeover Ads
Brand Takeover Ads appear full screen upon opening the app. Not only can they be targeted, and include a link to direct potential customers, they’re instantly engaging and can’t be missed, so are great for brands seeking mass awareness.
Branded Hashtag Challenges
Hashtag challenges are simple, a TikToker creates a challenge or a fun hashtag with a particular challenge such as a dance move and challenges others to recreate the challenge and post it with the same hashtag.
Brands can use hashtags to their advantage by creating branded hashtag challenges by paying a TikToker to start the trend.
Last, but not the least, and it’s free. Creating ads showcasing your product and posting them on TikTok as a normal TikTok video is a great way to get people to know your brand and increase awareness.
Normal TikToks, however require you to have at least some number of TikTok fans so the algorithm recommends your TikToks to a lot of people. Buy a TikTok account or Buy TikTok fans + likes now.
Tips on TikTok for Brands
Now that we know the various ways you can use to advertise on TikTok as a business, here’s some tips to make it more effective
- Use proper SEO – By using proper hashtags and SEO tips that we covered in our previous article, you can rank higher than competition and reach more potential customers.
- Try to use all or as many ad placements as possible – Instead of sticking to just one ad placement, use as many of the ad placements as you can to maximize the reach of your brand.
- Try to make your ads look like normal videos – While creating ads, try to make it look less like an ad and more like a normal TikTok video so that it may capture people’s attention and make them less likely to skip it.
- Engage with your audience – Try to engage more and more with your audience. Whether by replying to their comments, answering their questions or DMs.
- Grow your TikTok profile – People view TikTok profiles with more fans as a lot more trustworthy than those with very limited fans. Use this to your advantage by taking the time and effort to grow your TikTok profile. Or, the easier way is to just Buy TikTok fans + likes.
That’s all for today folks. Stay tuned for more power packed