How to Turn on Youtube comments?
Youtube is a video networking platform for watching, uploading, and sharing videos worldwide.
The website has become essential for new song releases, trailer releases, etc. With the Youtube Adsense program, many have become trained vloggers to settle in this job.
However, the exciting side of Youtube is reading comments while watching the video. It has become a subconscious routine as comments have become a part of the video itself.
But there is a negative side to comments as well.
With anyone able to comment on a video, it is tough to control unfavorable comments, spammers, and trollers that may degrade the goodwill kf the video. It is the publisher’s right to turn on or off comments.
But if you don’t have comments enabled, a massive part of feedback would be lost, turning you to depend on the like and dislike percentage instead. Like Instagram business pages, you can use YouTube for business by boosting your products and reaching users who will turn into potential clients.
So, learn how to turn on Youtube comments or turn off YouTube comments on all videos and specific videos. The publisher can manage what videos need comments and feedback and what videos are sensitive to comments.
How to Turn on YouTube Comments on all Videos?
Whenever you publish a new video, you will have the default option to allow comments.
If you didn’t change this, Youtube would automatically permit comments under the video. If you disabled it while uploading, you need to re-enable the comments system.
To customize YouTube publisher settings, you need to login into YouTube Studio from your account panel.
Youtube comments are not available by default if you tag them as a private or Kid’s video. Comments are only visible for Public videos that you publish.
Youtube has a comment control system that makes it more suitable for users. You can either allow all comments, hide inappropriate ones, or disable comments by default. So if you are facing nasty comments, you can select to hide those instead of disabling them. Follow these steps on Youtube studio to turn on comments:
Steps to Turn on all Comments on YouTube Videos:
- Go to YouTube Studio by clicking the upload sign in the top right segment of the website.
- Select ‘Settings’ and hoose ‘Upload defaults.’
- Go to Advanced settings.
- Choose from ‘Allow all comments’ and select save.
- This will show all comments without cleaning, but we don’t recommend it.
How to filter spam comments on the Youtube channel?
- Sign in to YouTube studio and go to ‘Settings>Upload defaults.’
- Choose advanced settings and open the ‘Comments’ tab.
- Select the ‘hold potentially spam comments for review’ option and click save.
- This will allow the comment filtering system and let you select comments.
- You can also select the ‘hold all comments for review’ option to publish comments manually.
How to turn off comments on YouTube videos by default?
Disabling comments has cons but is essential for fundraising videos and delicate topics. If you are a content creator that publishes videos on serious things, it will be better to disable comments by default. You can guess the feedback by the like and dislike proportion.
To turn off comments on all videos by default, go to YouTube Studio>Settings>Upload defaults>comments. Here select disable comments to stop people from commenting on your videos. There might still be comments visible on your older videos, but you need to disable comments on those videos manually. Your future videos will be free from the ‘comments’ option by choosing this option.
Comment Settings for YouTube Community Channels:
- Sign in to YouTube Studio on your web browser or your mobile app.
- If you are already logged in, press on your profile photo and select YouTube Studio.
- Choose Community>Defaults.
- If you have set up a community channel, click on ‘comments for the channel.’
- If you don’t have a community channel, choose ‘comments on your videos.
- You can also select default community settings in this tab.
If you allow comments, but you still can’t see them, you need to review browser compatibility as some browsers are said to hide comments by default.
It is easy to understand how to turn on comments on YouTube.
The most helpful thing is that the comments are enabled by default, and if you don’t need them, you can disable them by configuring the videos as ‘Made for kids.’
If the comments on any video were enabled previously and are disabled later on, the existing comments automatically vanish. They reappear when the comments on the video are re-enabled.
That’s all for today. Stay tuned for more power-packed content.
Thanks for reading till the end. You can learn more valuable hacks at- www.eazysmm.com/blog/