How do you change your country on Instagram?
Instagram has been all the rage lately. With over a billion active users monthly, and about 500 million of those logging into the app everyday, Instagram surely is the place to be for individuals and brands alike.
How to check any account’s current Instagram region
So if you’re unsure what country your instagram is set to. Maybe you created the account in some different country or if you travel quite frequently and want to check what region your Instagram account is in, here’s how you can do it:
Note that in order to do this, you need to be logged into an account other than the account you want to check the region of.
You can also ask someone from your friends or family to check this for you.
- Open the Instagram app.
- Go to the profile of the account you want to check the region of. Your profile in this case.
- Click on the three dots on the top right corner.
- Click on “About this account”.
- Here, you will see all the basic information about the account like Date joined in, country the account is based in and former usernames.
- Now that you know what country your account is based in, let’s change the region.
There are 2 ways to change your country on Instagram.
Using a VPN
- One of the easiest ways to change your region on Instagram is to use a VPN.
- Download a VPN app that supports the country you want to change your region to.
- Open the VPN app and select your desired country.
- Connect to the desired country’s VPN servers.
- Uninstall Instagram, re-install and log into the app with the VPN active.
- Now, your current region should be changed on Instagram. Just make sure to always toggle on the VPN before opening the Instagram app or your account’s region will reset to the current country you’re in.
Here’s some VPN recommendations:
Free VPN: Proton VPN
Proton VPN is a great Free VPN app with an easy to use User Interface and no ads.
For the free plan, you get access to 3 countries: United States, Netherlands and Japan, each with 25+ servers to choose from and connect to. There are a lot more countries available but they require you to subscribe to a plan. The paid plan costs $9.99 per month for 1 month and $5.99 and $4.99 per month if you subscribe for 1 year and 2 years respectively.
Paid VPN: Express VPN
Express VPN is one of the best VPNs available in the market. With great performance and good internet speeds and over 160 countries to choose from. They also have a 30-day money back guarantee that lets you try their service risk free. Express VPN costs $12.95 per month for 1 month, $9.99 per month for 6 months and $6.67 per month for 12 months.
Paid VPN: Tunnelbear
Easiest to use of them all, Tunnelbear features a very simple to use, bright and colorful UI that is exceptionally good for anyone just starting with VPNs. Tunnelbears’ plans start at $9.99 for 1 month, $4.99 per month for 1 year and $3.33 per month for 3 years.
Without a VPN
If you don’t want to buy a VPN or can’t find a VPN for the country you want to switch to, you can change your account’s country without a VPN too. Note that using this method will require making your account Public. So if you have a private account, go for the VPN.
- Open the Instagram app
- Go to your profile and click on “Edit Profile”
- Click on “Switch to a Professional account”
- Follow the on screen instructions to switch to a professional account. Make sure to pick a business account, not a creator account.
- After you’ve successfully switched to a business account, go back to your profile.
- Click on “Edit Profile”
- Scroll down and select “Contact Options”.
- Now Click on Business Address and add a valid address.
- You’ve successfully changed your region without a VPN.
How do I make music available in my region on Instagram?
Instagram has region-based music availability and that means that some countries have access to more songs than the other and a particular song you want to use might not be available in your region.
But don’t worry, there’s a quick workaround. Simply use the VPN method to change your region to a country the music is available in and you’ll be able to use the music in your stories and reels like normal.
This doesn’t make the music available in your region so any reel you create will show “Music Unavailable” for anyone watching it in the region the music is unavailable in.
Benefits of Changing regions on Instagram
There are quite a lot of benefits to changing your region on Instagram
- You get access to region-locked content like reels or posts that are only available in select regions.
- You get access to music and filters available in certain regions.
- Instagram rolls out some features region by region. You get access to special, new features that might not be available in your country yet.
- Makes your account anonymous and makes your location harder to stalk through Instagram.
Now that you’ve changed locations and got access to new features and music, it’s time to grow your Instagram organically, Buy genuine Instagram followers and get a quick, organic boost in your follower count and make your account more discoverable.
That’s all for today, Stay tuned for more power packed content!