How do you get rid of featured channels on YouTube?
Youtube is one of the fastest growing video sharing platforms on the Internet right now.
It’s got a ton of great content that is completely free to watch and that is exactly what makes YouTube stand out when compared to other video streaming websites that generally require a subscription to watch.
And YouTube knows exactly how to send people from one video to another, getting them to watch one video after another.
Its algorithm has gotten so good at recommending videos that by the time you’ve completed watching one video, YouTube has already gathered a lot of similar videos that you’ll love to recommend to you.
And to keep content flowing, YouTube needs to take care of its creators.
That’s why YouTube keeps updating their creator studio with fresh, new features that aim to help out creators.
And one of the new features is the option to add a featured channel section.
The recently added featured channels option lets creators feature other YouTube channels on their channel.
The feature can sometimes get enabled by default and can be annoying when you don’t want to feature other channels on your YouTube channel.
What are featured YouTube channels?
Featured YouTube channels are essentially the channels that appear on a YouTube channel’s featured channels section.
As a creator, you have the option to add channels that you want to feature on your channel.
They can be your friends, or people you want to support by sending some traffic their way.
Another use for the featured channels section is to bring attention to secondary channels.
Sometimes, content creators or businesses own multiple YouTube channels based on different types of videos, like Linus Tech Tips for example.
To make it easier to bring attention to their secondary channels, the featured channels feature is often utilized.
For many years, featured channels were displayed in the form of a sidebar on the right side of the screen on channel pages and you had no control of which channel(s) appeared in the section.
Recently, however, this was changed.
Now, featured channels have a tab of their own on channel pages and are displayed as a channel section like videos, playlists, etc.
If you haven’t added any featured channels yourself, YouTube automatically adds channels to featured channels depending on what a viewer might like.
Now that we know what featured channels on YouTube are, let’s add or remove featured channels.
How do I edit the featured section on YouTube?
Here’s how to access the featured channels section on YouTube:
- Open YouTube
- Click on your profile picture and select “YouTube Studio”. This will open up your creator dashboard.
- From the menu on the left side, click on “Customisation”.
- Under Channel Customisation, click “Layout”.
- In the “Featured sections”, look for “Featured Channels”.
- Hover over Featured Channels and click on the three dots that appear on the right side.
- Select “Edit Section”.
- Here, you can edit the featured channel section that is visible on your YouTube channel.
Removing the Featured Channels Section
To remove the featured channels section,
- Head over to your creator dashboard.
- Select “Customisation” from the menu on the left side.
- Select ‘Layout”
- Under the featured sections, hover over “Featured Channels” and click on the three dots.
- Select “Delete Section” from the dropdown menu.
This will completely remove the featured channels section from your YouTube Channel.
Adding the Featured Channels Section
If you ever want to re-add featured channels to your YouTube channel, here’s how to do it:
- Head over to your creator dashboard.
- Select “Customisation”.
- Select ‘Layout”.
- Click on the (+ Add Section) button to the right of “Featured sections”
- From the dropdown menu, select “Featured Channels”.
- Go ahead and add a name for your featured channels section in “section title”.
- From the search bar, search and select the channels you want to add to your featured channels.
- Click Done.
Now you;ve re-added the featured channels section to your YouTube channel.
Whether you feature another channel on your YouTube channel or not, one thing that everyone who has a YouTube channel wants is to monetize their channel and get more subscribers.
And even though these can be achieved, with so much competition on YouTube now, it’s very difficult to get noticed by potential viewers and for someone starting new, monetizing their YouTube channel might seem like a very daunting and time consuming task. Buy 4000 watch hours and 1000 subscribers or Buy high retention Youtube Views.
That’s all for today, Stay tuned for more power packed content!